Hello from a new guy

A place for general chit chat. Open to everyone.
Dramoth

Hello from a new guy

Post by Dramoth » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:28 am

Hello Everyone

I am returning back to wargaming after many years off and looking to get involved, I have currently picked up a resonable (~2k points) Space Marine force and looking to play some 40k and see / potentially try other systems. After that rambling introduction I just had a couple of questions about the club, when and where do you meet up? How many people usually turn up? What are the membership fees?

Thanks in advance!

Gareth
Club Committee

Re: Hello from a new guy

Post by Gareth » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:15 am

Hello & Welcome.

We meet Thursdays from 4 - 10pm and Sundays from 12-6pm at
Glenside Community Hall - full address in club rules here http://www.crowvalleycrusaders.co.uk/vi ... p?f=3&t=66

Membership is £10 for the year but you get a free month or you can just attend as a guest for £3 a session (or £10 a month but then you may as well have a years membership)

I'd say there's usually 10-15 people any given day but it varies depending on time of year, whats going on, tournaments etc.

There's plenty of other games to be seen and played - current favorites include Infinity, Batman, Warzone, lots of board games and antasy is makin a big comeback with plans for a Blood in the Badlands Campaign. But I suspect if you can think of a game someones got it or played it, or would like to :)

Your first visit is free so hope to see you soon :)

Dramoth

Post by Dramoth » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:38 am

Hello

Thanks for the info it is really helpful. I am guessing from poking around that you are having the agm this Sunday so I will probably be over next Sunday to come and see how it all goes down (works for me as I will have finished nights by then as well :))

Thanks

Byron

Post by Byron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:15 am

Hi, I'm guessing you're the William that emailed me. If not I'll have to track him down.

Feel free to come along to the AGM if you want. It's a normal club meeting after the AGM is finished. The following weekend is a charity Longest Night event. If you want to jump in at the deep end we're open from noon on Saturday intil 6pm Sunday with all the money raised going to Macmillan Cancer Support.

If you've any questions please ask.

Dramoth

Post by Dramoth » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:32 pm

You guessed correctly. I will have a look and see what o can arrange.