Dust 1947

slim chaney

Dust 1947

Post by slim chaney » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:22 am

So, is Dust 1947 the current/newest ruleset for Dust?

I've downloaded it and had a look and its still grid based, so I'm assuming this is the new name for Tactics.

Are we going to be using the previous ruleset/cards or do we need to look at upgrading? Struggling to find a UK supplier of the new stuff.

Cheers :D

paulk

Re: Dust 1947

Post by paulk » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:53 am

@Lee, Byron, Chris and I were chatting about this a few weeks ago.

If we decide as a group to get the latest rulebook/cards, we could do a combined order in the new year and save on postage. I also want to order 1-2 of the new SSU units.

Mike wants to buy into the Japanese faction that is currently being drip released. There is also a Fallshirmjager set coming out for the Axis. Kieran and Mike are also keen to jump onto Dust, that would give us 6 players, not including the two youngsters. I'm sure there would be the odd 1-2 others that would join in. I think Connor still has his Axis, not sure if and when Scott will return to club as he only goes to The Reavers on Mondays now.

I've bought direct from Dust Studios in the past and have had no problems.

One of my all time favourite games, time to resurrect Lazarus.

paulk

Post by paulk » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:14 am

My next Dust purchase
Attachments
image.jpeg
SSU
image.jpeg (108.45 KiB) Viewed 7040 times

paulk

Post by paulk » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:01 am

From the Dust studio site:

Free Shipping Offer for the Holidays!

Dear Friends,
Share the joy with family and friends! All orders over US$100 (instead of the regular US$250) placed on our website between December 12, 2016 and January 15, 2017 will get free shipping....

I'll be putting an order in before 15th January, if anybody would like to add to that order, let me know in the new year.

paulk

Post by paulk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:10 am

Here are a few links to Dust Studios:

Main page: http://www.dust-tactics.com

Rule book and cards: http://www.dust-tactics.com/products.php?sid=47

I would like to put an order in by 5th January.

Mikey S

Post by Mikey S » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:05 pm

some lovely models there!

can only imagine what the japanese will look like!

paulk

Post by paulk » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:29 am

Paolo Parente has announced that the LRDG is coming to Dust in the form of the Desert Scorpions...Troops, Dodge trucks, armoured cars etc.

Apparently, new releases were delayed in 2016 due to fulfilling the Babylon Kickstarter pledges. Now that this is almost complete, production can move to the new models for the sub factions, Desert Scorpions for the Allies and Steel Samurai for the Axis Bloc.

The idea is that sub factions can be played as complete forces within the existing Blocs of Allies, Axis and SSU.

The Fallshirmjager has recently been released with 3 units, 1 hero and a few vehicle/walkers.

The Kickstarter brought us NDAK for the Axis, Spetsnaz for the SSU and USMC for the Allies. A Merc faction has also been created.

Paola also said that 2017 has been dedicated to rebuilding the Dust community after the problems of delivering the Kickstarter.

paulk

Post by paulk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:43 am

Dust Monthly magazine for January:

http://sacdust.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... azine5.pdf

@ByronG, look at the LRDG truck renders...oohhhh....nice :)

Link to all Dust Monthly magazines:

http://sacdust.com

paulk

Post by paulk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Enjoyed our Sunday of Dust 47, it was a real pleasure to play this miniature board game again. The grin factor for me is still huge :)

I especially liked playing with just light walkers level 2/3 and troops level 1/2. Although ByronG brought an all troop level 3 starter to the table :P
Some very thematic games, Lee's Axis zombie horde, Byron's Allied level 3 elites, Scott's Allied Joe based list that may dominate initiative with the extra die and my SSU Spetsnaz level 2 troop list. A good mix of games at the 25 point mark, followed by a step up to a 50 point game at the end of the afternoon. Can't wait for more.

Spent this morning gluing the Dust tenement buildings together as its a real pain building them every time we set up a second table. Unfortunately, each box only has 1 dedicated door, but there are enough pieces for 2 buildings. I think the intention is to build just a 2 story building per box.
Anyway, to get around this, I've made some partial buildings that can be used as damaged/ruined buildings, enough to give cover and theme to the table. I've also finished off 6 Quonset huts for the table.

This afternoon I plan to sit down and build separate faction lists for my SSU Spetsnaz and Steel Guard...25, 50, 75 and 100 points.

I will also build lists for my Axis Luftwaffe Fallshirmjager faction. I only have 3 characters, 4 troop 2 units, and one pak40 vehicle (level 3). But enough for thematic gaming.

I have some Allied and Axis characters, troops and walkers for demo games, so will also make a few 25/50 point lists. I can then pack all of these into 1 KR case for Dust gaming.

With the LRDG, Japanese and other factions on the way, the game will become even more diverse, list wise.

Mikey S

Post by Mikey S » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:24 pm

yes, i cannie wait for the japanese to arrive :) though hope its not resin, the last tank they revealed being 100+ lol wont be getting them anytime soon if thats the case :p

shame i missed the game :(

looking forward to a quick demo tomorrow!