Malifaux, a new beginning for a new year...

Althran03
Club Committee

Re: Malifaux, a new beginning for a new year...

Post by Althran03 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Haha as if your any better than me

paulk

Post by paulk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 am

Wow, Malifaux seems to be picking up fast :)

It would be nice if we can get some 3x3 mats/boards through club.

Well done Gareth with the rule spots, must try and read through myself.

Regarding summoning, would this be a similar situation where my Terror Tots can transform into Young Nephilms?

The card states that if a Terror Tot kills a non-peon model, during an activation, replace it with a Young Nephilm.

The Terror Tot has already activated to kill an enemy model, so I guess that the Young Nephilm could not act again with the Slow (1 AP).

Suit symbols on abilities and stats, I get that now, but looking through some of my Neverborn cards, there is no printed benefit. I would imagine that some sort of benefit is on an upgrade card?!?

On the hobby side, I finished painting the Convict gunslingers, Desperate mercenaries and Killjoy.

Gareth
Club Committee

Post by Gareth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:23 am

Yeah I don't understand the logic behind some of it. Some abilities seem to give you a suit and then require that suit, seems kind of pointless and unnecessary unless other rules / abilities we haven't seen yet interact with it in some way.

#removed incorrect & misleading information :P

I'll have a look for some 3 x 3 mats, seems like a good idea to get a few

Gareth
Club Committee

Post by Gareth » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 am

Ignore terror tot comment above that's 1st edition. I couldn't understand the blood counters thing then notices it wasn't M2E
M2E link https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Terror+Tot

So yes they count as being summoned which I believe means they can activate again but count as being slow (so only 1 AP). As I said I need to read up on the summoning rules though so I may change my mind :P

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforume ... -malifaux/

paulk

Post by paulk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:26 am

That's good to know, as Nephilms can bring some hurt, especially a Mature Nephilm :)

Ordered the upgrade card deck, hopefully will arrive by tomorrow.

Althran03
Club Committee

Post by Althran03 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:29 pm

All my stuff arrived today

paulk

Post by paulk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Just finished painting Zoraida and crew for my Neverborn.

I can now interchange models between Lilith's crew and Zoraida's crew, along with a few Mercs for spice :)

Now that all my Malifaux models are painted, I can now sit back and concentrate on the rulebook.

As more people are looking in to Malifaux, I'll start a post of who has what crews?

That way, new players who want something unique, can avoid those crews already chosen.

paulk

Post by paulk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:01 pm

Just looked at your new crew Shaun, nice looking models :)

Althran03
Club Committee

Post by Althran03 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Yeh pretty much the only reason I went for them haha. Listed down everything I liked the look of for each faction and then just went for which had the most. Some of them are an absolute ***** to build tho

Gareth
Club Committee

Post by Gareth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:28 pm

I was very tempted by Kaeris, not fussed on some of the other Arcanist models though, and I had already been through the whole what faction for Mailfaux before and decided on Guild, so I just stuck with them in the end.

I know its early days but I'm getting that Infinity feeling about Malifaux, can see myself spending far too much money on this game lol

Just bough the other 2 books - Crossroads and Shifting Loyalties (Campaign system!!)
Been looking at these tokens too - http://www.artofwarstudios.co.uk/Produc ... 1&CartID=1
If anyone else fancies getting some It's free delivery over £30 (it's only £1.80 anyway) but I dont like paying postage :P)