Dust Tactics Central...

paulk

Dust Tactics Central...

Post by paulk » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:39 am

I thought I would start a general thread for Dust Tactics, so that the existing thread of Kickstarter is not confusing to new readership.

Within this thread we will try to keep all posts that are related to Dust Tactics.

As I will be giving demos of the game with the help of Gareth P, I will be able to keep updates on this thread, along with anybody else's comment and ideas.

For demos, I will be using the new starter boxes, retailing between £32 and £36 and offering 100 points per box approx.

Joe and the Allies (US/British/French)
Stefan and the Axis (German/Japanese/Experimental)
Koshka and the SSU (Sino/Soviet)

I also have a good variety of alternate units, walkers and heroes for use in the future.

But initially, just the starter boxes will be used for club members to get a taste of the game before considering buying into it. By using my starter boxes, members can see how each force plays and also see the style of models available.

I will start demo games from this Thursday 5th June and will bring the game to club throughout the rest of June and July.

After we have exhausted initial demo games, I will put all those who participated into a hot and draw one lucky person to get a starter box or units/heroes equivalent value (£36 approx). If the winner already has a starter box, I will buy whatever units or heroes they would like up to £36.I will purchase the winners items at the end of the demos.

So far, club members that have bought into the game:

Gareth P Allies
Lee Axis

Please feel free to ask any questions, make comments or add anything else Dust Tactics related.

slim chaney

Re: Dust Tactics Central...

Post by slim chaney » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:40 pm

Good call :D

I'd like to say thanks Paul for the loan of the rulebook this week. It really whet my appetite for the game and its nice to see the models painted up, although I'm still undecided on my path. It was also a good opportunity to browse the rules prior to my set arriving.

I'd recommend that anyone with a passing interest have a look at the book. Its really good quality, especially for a starter rulebook, which bodes well for the future.

slim chaney

Post by slim chaney » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:46 pm

First question.......

........map size?

I know when we spoke it was said that the maps were 9x9. Is this for all games? If not, are all other variants smaller than the 9x9? Is there ever a 12x6, or 12x9? I know there's no "real" limit, but what about campaigns et all?

I'm asking because I'm tempted to make a 9x9 MDF board to leave at club.

Cheers :D

paulk

Post by paulk » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:49 pm

@Lee, the majority of games are played on the standard 9x9 board.

However, certain scenarios in the campaign books use a larger board, sometimes 12x9 etc

I will bring 2 of my campaign books to club and you can see map sizes used.

But at least 90-95% use 9x9

paulk

Post by paulk » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:17 am

The new Dust a Tactics hardback rulebook arrived today.

More comprehensive than the 40 page starter rule booklet included with the Taskforce boxes.

The updated stat card sets are due out middle/end of June, although the Warfare cards are already out. These Warfare cards are NOT for the Tactics game, incase anybody was thinking of picking them up.

I will bring the new rulebook to club this evening.

Getting very excited about playing Dust Tactics again :)

slim chaney

Post by slim chaney » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:51 am

I should be there just before 5. Hoping to get an intro game.

My toys arrived yesterday........very nice :D

paulk

Post by paulk » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:19 pm

The first session of demo games went very well.

The following members had their first games, supervised by Gareth and myself:

Lee
Connor
Rhys
Dave

3 other club members asked for demo games on Sunday.

The very last game of the evening was Dave, Axis v Gareth, Allies... It was like watching speed chess!

Dave won :)

Currently we are just playing kill zone, whilst members get used to the mechanics of the game; but we will eventually move on to scenarios and then on to campaigns.

Dave
Club Committee

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 am

Really enjoyed this game and Lau seemed to like the look of it ... The last game was fun with it lasting less than 10 minutes after only watching and playing one game it is so quick to pick up. German flamethrowers are amazing at room clearing :)

paulk

Post by paulk » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:14 am

I have been reading up on the current state of play for Dust. Battlefront are repackaging all the units, walkers, vehicles and heroes. Some units will get a name change and all items will come with the new stat cards. One card for Tactics and one for Battlefield. If older boxes are purchased, a new box of faction stat cards is coming out mid June. This box contains 100 stat cards for all those models previously produced. £9 per faction box.

Battlefield is the new name for the old Dust Warfare rules. These rules allows the game to be played on a conventional game table with tape measures. I am personally not in favour of the tape measure version, as the grid movement/range system of Tactics allows for a cleaner and quicker game experience.

Battlefront is currently running a Kickstarter to bring Operation Babylon to the Dust table.

Axis Afrika Korps, SSU Spetsnaz and Allied USMC. The savings on the Kickstarter are not that great, the items will be in retail stores within 1-2 months of the Kickstarter end.

Battlefront also has many other new units and campaigns planned for later in the year.

The future looks very bright and exciting in the world of Dust.

Darkside
Club Committee

Post by Darkside » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:17 am

If possible Paul I would like a intro game on Sunday.